Location: Burnley General & Royal Blackburn Hospitals
Salary: £21,300 FTE
Hours: 35 hrs per week, working between the times of 9am – 8pm. Covering a 7-day service. To include alternative weekends.
Each working day will be a 7-hr day shift, inclusive of Weekends and Bank Holidays (double pay for BH’s) There will be opportunities to work additional hours to cover for sickness and holidays if desired.
Are you looking for a role that is varied and challenging, where you have the potential to improve the lives of vulnerable people in Lancashire”?
Due to an increasing demand we are expanding our team and looking to recruit an additional Wellbeing Worker to support the existing team.
Our service supports hospital discharges across the Pennine area for anyone over 18 years old or who may have suffered a period of illness that has affected their independence. In providing this service, we are able to:
- Take patients home directly from the hospital and settle them back at home, ensuring they have everything they need to remain at home.
- Provide continued support for up to 6 weeks, to help them retain or regain their independence.
We work closely with health and social care professionals and a range of other agencies to encourage clients to access services that will improve their health and wellbeing.
The successful applicant should have:
- Experience/knowledge of working with vulnerable or older people
- An ability to provide a person-centred approach, promoting independence at all times
- The ability to work well within a team
- The ability to communicate effectively across a wide range of people
- Able to manage their own workload and to use their own initiative
- The ability to carry out assessments and keep accurate records
- A full driving Licence, appropriate Insurance cover and a suitable car.
This is a hugely rewarding role for the right person. If you are passionate about making a difference and have empathy towards others, then we would love to hear from you. We know you will understand why we want to make sure we recruit the right person with the right key requirements-skills, experience, attributes, and abilities to join our team, so it is important that you tell us about it on your application form.
Full training will be provided.
Please note there is no personal care within this role.
- Full training and comprehensive induction to ensure you have the support you need to succeed and thrive in your new role.
- Access to Employee assistance programme.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid annual leave.
- Staff discount card for hundreds of Highstreet shops and online services.
- Travel expenses will be paid for all journeys required for work, excluding travel from home to base.
- Hospital metered parking will also be paid for costs incurred carrying out your role.
- Bank Holidays paid at double time.
DBS: This post is eligible for an enhanced DBS check and all the associated costs will be met by the employee.
For the full job pack, please see below:, alternatively please email email@example.com
Equality & Diversity-Age UK Lancashire are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Please complete the attached form to allow us to monitor our applicant and staff diversity.
Please complete the form below to allow us to monitor our applicant and staff diversity.