Age UK Lancashire uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our policy. To read more about how we use cookies and find out how you can change your browser’s cookie settings. Read our Cookie Policy
Skip to content

Useful telephone contacts

Contact the Pension Service (part of the Department for Work and Pensions)

Contact the Pension Service for information about your State Pension, Winter Fuel Payments, Pension Credit and help following a Bereavement. You can also report a change in your circumstances, for example, your address or bank account details. 

Telephone: 0800 731 0469
Textphone: (0345 606 0285)

New Pension Credit Claimants

It only takes one phone call and you won't have to fill in a form. Call the Pension Credit claim line.

Telephone: 0800 99 1234

Textphone: (0800 169 0133)

Contact the Disability Service Centre – (DWP) 

Attendance Allowance (AA) Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Telephone: 0800 731 0122
Textphone: 0345 604 5312
Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm

Carers Allowance     0800 731 0297

Age UK Advice Line

If you need advice or information on money, care, housing or health.

Telephone: 0800 055 6112

Carers Direct helpline

If you need help with your caring role and want to talk to someone about what options are available to you.

Telephone: 0300 123 1053

Step Change Debt Charity

Debt Advice

Telephone: 0800 138 1111
Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm

Useful Links

 Welfare Rights

 Department for Work & Pensions


 Citizens Advice Bureau

 Carers UK

 NHS Carers Direct (advice and support service for carers in England)