Join the ‘Primary Care Conversation’ to transform services
Published on 23 November 2023 11:19 AM
The Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West Integrated Care Board (BOB ICB) is working with health and care partners to develop a strategy and implementation plan for the future of primary care. This includes general practice, community pharmacy, optometry (eye care) and dentistry across BOB.
The ICB will also involve local people and patients to transform the way these services are delivered in their communities and neighbourhoods, enabling the integration of primary care and community services with the aim of improving access to services, people’s experiences of using them and better outcomes for patients.
The work aims to:
- build a shared understanding of the current state of primary and community services and present a case for change
- build a consensus on the future vision for primary care and its integration with community services
- design the way they deliver this care (operating model) and other tools such as digital healthcare support
- test the practical application of the new model through projects
- capture learning and build capability for phased roll-out of the final strategy.
As part of their programme of work to transform primary care, they have launched the ‘Primary Care Conversation’ to let you share your experiences about these services in an online survey at: https://yourvoicebob-icb.uk.engagementhq.com/hub-page/primary-care Your views will help to inform and shape an ICB primary care strategy to deliver better care for you.
A printed copy of the survey is available by post or by telephone for people without online access. To request one please contact 0300 123 4465 or email engagement.BOBICS@nhs.net