Skip to content

Do you need a power of attorney?

An older woman and a volunteer discussing paperwork

Published on 30 August 2019 09:00 AM

Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin can help if you need some assistance in appointing someone to manage your affairs.

It’s possible to write your own power of attorney online and many people employ a solicitor to put one together for them, but because of issues of accessibility and high solicitor’s fees, these aren’t options for a large number of older people.

If you need help managing your affairs, Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin offer an in depth advice session where we cover all your alternatives, not just getting a power of attorney. If you don’t need a power of attorney we won’t try and sell you one, but if you do need one, we can provide the service for you at a competitive rate. If you receive Pension Credit we will also fill in the form to get the registration fee waived for you.

If you live in Shropshire or Telford & Wrekin and would like to discuss getting some help to manage your affairs, call us on 01743 233 123.

Further information