Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Published on 25 August 2020 10:00 AM
In response to the coronavirus pandemic you can find up to date information here.
- Coronavirus (COVID‑19) guidance and support provided by the UK Government
- Guidance on staying alert and safe (social distancing)
- The latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19)
- There is also a dedicated 111 online coronavirus webpage where you can check symptoms and get advice
- The Age UK website has a dedicated page providing up to date information about coronavirus
- Looking after your mental health and wellbeing during coronavirus
- Our guide to shopping and COVID-19 (PDF, 1 MB)
We’ve set up a database of local groups and businesses providing shopping and other neighbourhood support. We regularly update these spreadsheets, click on the link below to download the most recent version for your area:
- Shropshire shopping and support groups (XLSX, 60 KB)
- Telford shopping and support groups (XLSX, 34 KB)
You can take part in neighbourly volunteering and help support older people who are staying at home due to the coronavirus epidemic.
With our charity furniture shops reopening, we’re looking for volunteer van drivers, retail and backroom assistants. You can find the full list of our current vacancies on our Volunteer page or email email@example.com for more information.
We are supporting worried and isolated older people during the coronavirus outbreak. Please donate to our emergency fundraising appeal to help those most in need and keep our vital services operating.