Cost of living support
Published on 04 January 2023 09:00 AM
Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin is working in partnership with local organisations and Shropshire Council to form a social taskforce to support residents during the cost of living crisis.
- If you or someone you know is worried about money or is struggling right now, you are not alone.
- There may be simple steps you can take to cut costs or maximise your income.
- If you are getting into debt or your mental health is suffering, do not wait to get help.
Both local councils have created cost of living help pages on their websites, detailing the help, support and advice available for their residents.
Shropshire Council: www.shropshire.gov.uk/cost-of-living-help
Telford & Wrekin Council: www.telford.gov.uk/costofliving
There is also a page on the Age UK website providing information that can help you feel more in control of your finances: www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/money-legal/cost-of-living
Did you know?
Marches Energy Agency runs free energy advice lines across Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin. They provide free and impartial advice relating to:
- Keeping warm and well at home.
- Energy bills, tariffs and suppliers.
- Insulation and heating grants.
- Energy efficiency measures.
- Health and cold homes.
More information and contact details are available on their website: mea.org.uk/our-work/energy-advice-at-home
Could you help others?
If you’re receiving money off your energy bills as part of the government’s Energy Bills Support Scheme, but feel you don’t need it, please give our fundraising team a call on 01743 233 123. By donating the money to an older person who needs help paying for their heating this winter, you could make a real difference to their life.