The Linking Veterans Together Project is a new service run by Age UK Solihull designed to tackle loneliness and improve wellbeing amongst older veterans and their spouses living in Solihull.
We are looking for volunteer Veterans Champions to support clients to improve connections, try new things, and increase their independence.
This role is completely flexible and will vary based on the needs of the client, but could include:
- Accompanying clients on short walks or on public transport to help build their confidence with going out
- Escorting clients to activities and meetups where transport is a barrier
- Attending initial club visits with clients to provide encouragement or moral support
- Assisting clients to get started with digital technology or supporting those with some experience to improve their skills
- Helping out at quarterly activities arranged by Age UK Solihull for Linking Veterans Together clients
If you would like to know more about volunteering with the Linking Veterans Together Project then please contact Age UK Solihull on 0121 704 7854 or email@example.com, or to apply for this role please download an application form, complete it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.