The Community Advice Hubs bring together under one roof, a partnership of local voluntary organisations who will provide high quality Information and Advice, and support you to access services that meet your individual needs and circumstances.
The Hub offers 3 levels of support:
- Level 1 - Provision of the low level information and advice necessary for you to manage your own needs.
- Level 2 - Provision of a higher level of support and practical assistance through further exploration and assessment of your needs.
- Level 3 - Referrals to specialist organisations that provide the services to meet your individual needs.
Any adult who is a resident in Solihull.
Read more about the success of the Hubs here.
There are 2 Advice Hubs, the first is located in Chelmsley Wood Library on the 2nd floor above Asda. It is accessible by a lift or stairs.
The second hub is located on the first floor of The Core, Solihull Central Library.
The front line service at Chelmsley Wood is open 10:00am - 2:00pm, Monday to Friday.
The frontline service at The Core is open 10:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday. (10:00am - 3:00pm on Wednesdays).
There is no need for an appointment, however there may be busy periods when you may be required to wait or asked to come back for an appointment.
The Community Advice Hubs will provide you with access to services and organisations that can support you in all areas of your life such as:
- Care in and out of the home
- Disability and long term conditions
- Mental and Physical Health
- Learning Disability
- Residential Care
- Benefits and Grants
- Direct Payments
- Debt and Money Problems
- General Health and Wellbeing
- Leisure, Clubs, Activities and Exercise
- Legal Problems
- Caring Responsibilities and Respite
- Loneliness and Isolation
- Energy Efficiency
- Weight, Alcohol and Smoking
- Filling out Forms
This list is not exhaustive.
A visit to the hub will enable you to access any organisation delivering services in Solihull that can meet your individual needs.
Most services will be available at the Hubs through an appointment or drop-in system.
Our highly trained staff will suppport you to identify your needs and make appointments and referrals on your behalf.
Chelmsley Wood Community Advice Hub: Chelmsley Wood Library, 10 West Mall, Chelmsley Wood, B37 5TN.
Opening hours for Chelmsley Wood Community Advice Hub: Monday - Friday, 10:00am to 2:00pm.
Central Solihull Community Advice Hub: First Floor, The Core, Central Library Building, Homer Road, Solihull, B91 3RG.
Opening hours for Solihull Community Advice Hub: Monday - Friday, 10:00am to 4:00pm. (10:00am - 3:00pm on Wednesdays)
Telephone: 0121 705 3588