At Age UK Bristol we help make sure that everyone in Bristol can love later life. We do this by supporting and empowering older people, helping other organisations to work together and championing the interests of older people in the city.
Our organisational objectives are to:
- Provide top-quality services and support to all older people in Bristol.
- Lead and enable collaboration between other organisations working with older people in Bristol
- Influence public spending and policies in a way that benefits older people in the city
- Promote positive attitudes to ageing in Bristol
We do this by:
- Providing quality information
- Delivering quality services
- Involving older people
- Giving older people a voice
- Working in partnership
- Maintaining an effective organisation
Volunteers are important and valued members of the team at Age UK Bristol. We do our best to make your volunteer experience enjoyable and rewarding
Purpose of Art on Zoom volunteer role
The Art on Zoom sessions aim to;
- reduce isolation and increase confidence
- increase well-being via art
The role involves
- Attending our Art on Zoom sessions alongside a member of staff from Bristol Art for All (weekly or fortnightly)
- Facilitating chat with session members
- Joining in with the art in the session
- Reporting any concerns or worries to Age UK Bristol
- Signposting to a wide range of community and statutory services for older people
- Recording information on a log and other monitoring forms
- Adhering to all Age UK Bristol policies and procedures, such as Confidentiality, Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity
- Attending training sessions and volunteer meetings as appropriate
The qualities and skills required for this role are
- Ability to work with service users in a non judgemental way
- Good communication skills
- Patience and tact
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Understanding of the needs and aspirations of older people
- Ability to complete induction training and other essential training using Zoom where necessary on an existing internet connection
- IT literacy – mainly Zoom and email.
We offer induction training and other relevant training opportunities to enable you to fulfil this volunteer role.
Weekly sessions last one and half hours with regular supervision session. Therefore a minimum of two hours a week is suggested. Sessions run on Wednesdays between 10.30am and noon.
Art on Zoom, as well as the training and supervision sessions, can be carried out from your own home
We do not anticipate any expenses arising from this role, however, our Volunteer Expenses Policy means that you will not be out of pocket as a result of your volunteering
For further information, please contact; Jayne Connell, Admin Support Officer:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org