Hospital Discharge and Admission Avoidance Support Service
A community based, person centred, wrap-around holistic service to support safe hospital discharges home, or home assessment after early discharge, or to help prevent a hospital admission/readmission.
This service is for people aged 60yrs and above living in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough with an identified need.
We can provide...
- furniture and bed moves
- key safe fitting prior/upon discharge
- grab rail fitting
- support to settle home on day of discharge
- essential food shops
- essential medical needs/prescription collections
- urgent welfare visits or welfare telephone calls
- support to identify and navigate to longer term services needed (health, social care, Age UK CAP services or other voluntary/community organisations)
- An information pack
We have a protocol to follow up any unanswered phone calls with a welfare visit. Calls can just be “in touch” calls at agreed times. Our calls offer valuable conversation during isolating times and with good relationships build trust, help lessen anxieties and give reassurance that any issues or concerns raised will be addressed by our staff or our dedicated volunteers, who are here to help. Our experienced staff will be assigned as the individual’s keyworker with cases that are more complex. All staff are trained in safeguarding and dementia awareness, food safety, lone working, fire safety, manual handling and are DBS checked.
For enquiries or to make a referral CONTACT US:
Telephone: 01354 691896 (open daily 10am to 4pm - 7 days a week, 365 days a year which includes Bank Holidays)