Why not get your work colleagues, friends and family, or any groups and clubs of which you're a member involved. It's all for a great cause.
What makes a good fundraising opportunity?
Anything can be a good fundraising opportunity. What would you like to do? A dinner party, a film screening, van pulling and drastic haircuts? Or come up with your own idea?
Some things to consider:
- Is it going to be a sponsored activity or are you hosting an event?
- What do you enjoy?
- Can anyone help you?
Do think about how much time and effort you can spend on planning and organising the event. Remember, you're doing a good thing for charity, but it should be fun too.
6 popular fundraising events
1. The Great Cake Bake
Encourage your colleagues to bring in home-baked (or shop-bought) goodies to sell in the office. It’s a simple way to raise money and will perk up the morning coffee break.
2. Get quizzical
Quiz nights take place in pubs across the UK and are always popular. Why not organise your own and raise funds for Age Cymru Gwynedd a Môn?
3. Throw a party
Perhaps a themed dinner party, a murder mystery evening, games night, karaoke, barbeque – if it gets people together, it can be a fundraiser.
4. Sponsored anything
- Swim, walk, run, silence and pie eating! Most things can be sponsored so the choice is yours. What would your friends and colleague consider an absolute challenge or daring? Maybe they think you're inseparable from your iphone or unable to not get the car everywhere. Prove them wrong and some raise money for older people.
5. Go wild
Let your imagination run wild - the more creative the more publicity you may get and the more people might support you, is there a world record you could attempt or something that could involve all your work colleagues?
6. Fundraise online
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online - from your weekly shop to your annual holiday - you could be raising a free donation for Age Cymru Gwynedd a Môn?
There are nearly 3,000 retailers on board ready to make a donation, including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury's – it doesn't cost you a penny extra!
It's really simple, all you have to do is:
- Join. Head to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/agegwynedd/ and sign up for free.
- Shop. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first, pick the retailer you want and start shopping.
- Raise. After you’ve checked out, that retailer will make a donation to your good cause for no extra cost whatsoever!There are no catches or hidden charges and Age Cymru Gwynedd a Môn will be really grateful for your donations.
We are here to help
We are here to help with advice, ideas and support as well as posters, collection tins, balloons and sponsorship forms. We can share tips on ranging from help getting things for free to how to market your fundraiser. Don't be shy give us a call!
Let us know what your plans are and how we can help you – drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01286 677711.
Paying your money in.
There are many different ways to pay your fundraising money in,
- Through our just giving page here
- BACS transfer Sort code - 40-16-02 Account – 71755633
- Or by cheque made payable to Age Cymru Gwynedd Môn and send to Age Cymru Gwynedd a Môn, y Cartref, Bontnewydd LL547UW