Supporting Powys veterans in later life
Veterans Dedicated Support Service is a free service delivering financial, practical and wellbeing support for Powys military veterans, their relatives and associates of the Armed Forces aged 65+.
Age Cymru Powys (formerly Age Concern) is your local, independent older people’s charity providing information, advice and support for older people in Powys for many years.
We provide a free, confidential and impartial service to help veterans, their relatives and military associates make the most of later life. The service embraces our values to help build a society where older people are respected, valued and able to live the life they choose.
We offer home visits for a friendly chat under social distancing rules. We’re also available via telephone or video call.
ACP Veterans Support offers:
- Dedicated Support Service for Veterans
- Military Pensions & Grants Eligibility Check
- Later Life Goal Planning
- Veteran-to-Veteran Support
- Income Maximisation
- Social Connection Service
- Wellbeing Services
We’re asking the Powys community to get behind us and make a pledge to share our project, in order to help us identify those older veterans who may benefit from this service but may not be as visible in our communities.
How can you help us reach more veterans aged 65+ living in Powys?
- Display or distribute the ACP Veterans service leaflet to your clients / local community
- Signpost older people to ACP Veterans service should you feel they may benefit from it
- Arrange a group discussion with your chosen staff / clients / local social group to raise awareness
- Include a description of ACP Veterans service in your newsletter
- Share links to our organisation’s website or social media communications
If you feel that we could be of service to you, or if you know of any veterans, their families or military associates that may benefit from this service, then please don’t hesitate to let us know how we can help.
Please call 01686 623 707 or email: email@example.com for further information.