Supporting the Powys farming community
The Mamwlad project, funded by the Welsh Government is delivered by Age Cymru Powys and Care & Repair in Powys.
The service embraces our values to help build a society where older people are respected, valued and able to live the life they choose.
It is a service to help people over 50 in the farming community whether a farmer, farm worker or retired from farming, to stay living at home safely and independently and to tackle loneliness and isolation.
We offer home visits for a friendly chat under current social distancing rules.
We are also available via telephone or video call.
Age Cymru Powys (formerly Age Concern) is your local, independent older people’s charity providing information, advice and support for older people in Powys for many years.
Age Cymru Powys can undertake a free confidential benefits check service through our Information & Advice (I&A) service and provide assistance with completing welfare benefit forms.
The above leaflet explains the help that Age Cymru Powys I&A offers, including access to other services to help you connect with others. This support may include:
- Befriending services.
- Mental Health support to reduce stress.
- Local support for practical help around the home.
- Later life goals planning and preparing for the future.
- Advocacy and supporting you to get your wishes heard.
We are asking the Powys Farming community to get behind us and make a pledge to share our project, in order to help us identify those older farmers who may benefit from this service but may not be as visible in our communities.
How can you help us reach more of our farming community aged 50+ living in Powys?
- Display or distribute the Mamwlad service leaflet to your clients / local community
- Signpost people from your farming community to Mamwlad should you feel they may benefit from it.
- Arrange a group discussion with your chosen staff / clients / local social group to raise awareness
- Include a description of our Mamwlad service in your newsletter
- Share links to our organisation’s website or social media communications
If you feel that we could be of service to you, or if you know of any farmer, farm worker or farming retiree that may benefit from the Age Cymru Powys part of this service, then please don’t hesitate to let us know how we can help.
Please call 01597 825908 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Care & Repair in Powys will talk to farmers about their home and give advice on options to adapt or repair / maintain the home whether owned or rented.
Care & Repair in Powys can also arrange a Free Healthy Home Assessment which helps individuals to manage better and stay safe, warm and secure at home including:
- Falls, trips and slips prevention
- Fire Safety check
- Energy efficiency
- Home safety and security
Agreed works such as stair rails, grab rails and steps could be carried out by the Care & Repair in Powys’ own minor adaptations team and can also be funded by grants.
If you feel that we could be of service to you, or if you know of any farmer, farm worker or farming retiree that may benefit from the Care & Repair in Powys part of this service, then please don’t hesitate to let us know how we can help.
The Mamwlad service is funded by Welsh Government.