Many older people are missing out on money that is rightfully theirs.
- We can advice you on your benefit entitlements.
- Carry out benefit checks- covering pensions, pension credit, means-tested benefits and disability related benefits.
- Provide support in claiming benefits, filling in forms or help the older people access other help.
- Challenge benefit authorities if decision is not in their favour by helping user seek review or refer to an independent agency for tribunal.
- For free confidential advice call us on 020 8861 7980
Are you worried about tax? Are you over 60 and can’t afford to pay for advice?
Tax Help for Older People (TOP) is an independent free tax advice service for older people on low incomes who cannot afford to pay for professional advice. The advisors are all tax professionals who act totally independently of both the Inland Revenue and the firms they work for. They provide a completely confidential service.
Call: 0845 601 3321 or 01308 488 066 for assistance. If it is not possible to deal with your query over the phone an appointment may be made for you to meet with an advisor at the Age UK Harrow office. Home visits can be arranged in cases of disability.
Tax Volunteers is a company limited by guarantee (company no. 489449) and a registered charity (no 1102276).
Useful telephone numbers
Harrow Council Housing and Council Tax Benefit - 020 8424 1644
Pensions Direct - 0845 301 3011
Pensions Credit Claim Line - 0800 991 234
Local Pensions Office - 0845 606 0265
Winter Fuel Payments Help Line - 0845 915 1515
State Pension Claim Line - 0800 731 7898
Disability Benefits Enquiry Line - 0800 882 200 - claim packs for Attendance Allowance and Disability Allowance
Personal Independent Allowance - All new claims for PIP are started on the phone by calling 0800 917 2222