Age UK London works to improve the quality of life and enhance the status and influence of older people in the capital. We do this both through our Londonwide programmes and through our campaigning and communications work.
There are 2.1 million older people (over 50) living in London and that number is increasing all the time. Our aim is to reach out to as many of them as possible, to improve the quality of their lives and to enhance their status and influence in the capital.
We promote and represent the views of older Londoners
- Everything we do is based on expert knowledge and real experience
- We engage with politicians and decision-makers, as well as wide number of voluntary, statutory and private organisations;
- We identify and give voice to issues that affect older people via research, forums and Age UK partners;
- We reach out to the 1.9 million older people living in London
We campaign on real issues that make a difference to older people
- We campaign against cuts to older people’s services
- We fight for the right to 'heat and eat'
- We campaign for better London transport and to protect the Freedom Pass
- We campaign to end the scandal of malnutrition for older people in hospital
- We promote healthy ageing, independent living and better community engagement
We work with older people’s organisations across London to enhance services
- We take a lead role in delivering programmes with local Age UKs across London
- We promote and disseminate new ways of working
- We provide wide-ranging guidance and support
- We engage the skills of volunteers in all areas of our work