The Big Knit 2018/2019
Published on 16 November 2018 10:26 AM
What is the Big Knit?
The Big Knit is the campaign that Age UK runs in partnership with innocent drinks where we ask you to knit little woolly hats which then go on to their smoothies. For every smoothie sold, Age UK receives 25p.
This year, Age UK Norfolk has the target of 8631 hats
How to get involved
We’d love you to knit lots of lovely little hats for this year’s Big Knit and whether you’re a knitting novice or a purling pro, it couldn’t be easier.
Download the knitting patterns below, make yourself a nice cup of tea, find a comfy chair and knit away!
Hand in your hats
Once your little knitted creations are ready, drop them off or post them to:
- Age UK Norfolk Head Office, 300 St Faith’s Road, Old Catton, Norwich, NR6 7BJ
- Our Community Hub, Grays Fair Court, 266 Dereham Road, New Costessey, Norwich, Norfolk, NR5 0SN
- Dereham Furniture and More Store - 31 Yaxham Road, Dereham, Norfolk, NR19 1HR (opposite Roys)
- Sheringham Charity Shop – 33 Station Road, Sheringham, Norfolk, NR26 8RF
- King’s Lynn Furniture and More Store - Unit 9 and 11, Paxman Road, Hardwick Industrial Estate, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE30
How does the Big Knit help?
The money we raise from the Big Knit helps us be there for older people who have no one else to turn to – so those little hats really do make a big difference!
You can find out more about our services here: ageuk.org.uk/norfolk/our-services/
Watch our video to see just how much this means to people like Jean and John: