NHS governors needed
Published on 30 January 2020 10:52 AM
Age UK Northamptonshire works in partnership with Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Why not put yourself forward as a candidate to become a governor!
Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (NHFT) provides a comprehensive range of physical, mental health and specialist services, tailoring care to the individual needs of their patients, service users, carers and families.
They provide care through GP practices, health centres, people's own homes as well as in hospitals and hospices. Their focus is on accessible, convenient and integrated care and providing care with compassion. NHFT recently retained its Outstanding Care Quality Commission rating (December 2019).
They need elected governors to perform a range of statutory and non-statutory duties and play a vital role in making sure that the views of the wider community are taken into account in providing and developing their services.
- two Adult Service User seats (ages 25-64
- three Carer seats
- one Public Northampton seat
- two Kettering and Corby Public seats
- To represent the interests of members and the public
- To appoint, remove and decide upon the terms of office of the Chair and non-executive directors of the trust as well as remuneration
- To appoint or remove the trust’s auditor
- To hold the non-executive directors to account for the performance of the board
The term of office for all seats will be for up to three years.
Deadline for completed nomination forms is 5pm on Thursday 27th February 2020.