Age UK Northamptonshire provides support for older people and their families.
We are focusing efforts on supporting our clients and older people with no support locally, Monday to Friday. Please call us if you, a neighbour or relative in Northamptonshire needs support.
We are providing
- emergency food and meals
- food shopping service and medication support
- befriending, information and advice
Please telephone your usual Age UK Northamptonshire contact for help.
Wherever possible our services are adapting and continuing to support our clients
- Social Prescribing Link Workers and Collaborative Care are supporting their clients in the community, mainly by telephone
- Our Handyperson Service is fitting key safes and doing emergency work.
- The Extra Help at the End of Life Service continues to support clients and their families. They are taking necessary measures to minimise the risks posed to them and their clients by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Our day centre staff are telephoning clients regularly and delivering meals and essential supplies to people with no support.
- The Hospital Support Services have adapted to the new circumstances and are providing support in Kettering and Northampton.
- Information & Advice Service is providing a telephone service.
- The Gardening Service restarted on Friday 1st May.
- The Home Care Cleaning Service will restart for existing clients on Monday 1st June.
Otherwise, please call the Venton Centre on 01604 604500 or email if you or an older relative or neighbour needs help.
Other local help
To register for help locally, including emergency food parcels, shopping and medication delivery.
Northamptonshire County Council: 0300 126 1000 - option 5
National Government Registration: 0800 028 8327
NHS local information: Northamptonshire Clinical Commissioning Group (changed its name officially from Nene & Corby CCG on 1/4/20)
Information & Advice Service
9/4/20 We are now able to accept new requests and referrals for the service.
Making a difference
We provide day care at eight locations
Our Day Centres are places where older people enjoy friendship, care and activities. Our clients benefit from regular company which improves their quality of life.