Age UK Solihull is the lead partner in the delivery of the Solihull Community Advice Hubs. The Advice Hubs are for everyone and are the first point of contact for information, advice and support in Solihull and the gateway into services to meet residents’ needs.
Call the Advice Hubs
Call 0121 709 7590 - Monday to Friday (10am to 4pm, 3pm on Wednesdays)
Visit the Advice Hubs
- Chelmsley Wood Library 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday (closes at 2pm on Wednesdays)
- The Core, Solihull Library 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday (closes at 3pm on Wednesdays)
Wednesday is our quietest day at The Core but it’s actually the day we have more staff and volunteers available so it’s usually a shorter waiting time. But remember, we close at 3pm for team training.
What are the Community Advice Hubs?
The Community Advice Hubs bring together under one roof, a partnership of local voluntary organisations who will provide high quality Information and Advice, and support you to access services that meet your individual needs and circumstances.
The Hub offers 2 levels of support:
Level 1 - Provision of the low level information and advice necessary for you to manage your own needs.
Level 2 - Referrals to specialist organisations that provide the services to meet your individual needs.
Who can use the Community Advice Hubs?
Any adult who is a resident in Solihull, or a carer of a Solihull resident.
How do I access the Community Advice Hubs?
There are two Advice Hubs.
The first is located in Chelmsley Wood Library on the 2nd floor above Asda. It is accessible by a lift or stairs.
The second Hub is located on the first floor of The Core, Solihull Central Library.
The frontline service at Chelmsley Wood is open 10am - 4pm, Monday to Friday. (10am - 2pm on Wednesdays)
The frontline service at The Core is open 10am - 4pm Monday to Friday. (10am - 3pm on Wednesdays).
Do I need an appointment?
General information and advice is available without appointment. If you require a service that needs to be referred to a specialist caseworker or partner organisation you are advised to telephone or email for an appointment. These services include debt, benefits (PIP, ESA and Attendance Allowance Forms), specialist employment and housing advice, energy switching, Blue Badge online form completion.
Other services available at the Community Advice Hub by appointment include:
- BID Services (for those with a sensory loss)
- People Plus (Direct Payments Payroll and Managed Accounts Service)
- Solihull First Advocacy
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Gateway Lifestyles Service – advice and support for getting active, wellbeing, smoking and weight-loss
- Healthwatch Solihull – have your say on local health and care services
- Solihull Carers Trust
- Birmingham and Solihull Women’s Aid
- RSVP (Rape and Sexual Violence Project)
- LGBT Birmingham (monthly drop-in)
- Pension Wise
- Read Easy
- SMBC Income and Awards (Housing and Council Tax Benefit)
- Solihull Community Housing
- IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies)
- Free half hour legal and financial advice clinics
What services can I access at the Community Advice Hubs?
The Community Advice Hubs will provide you with access to services and organisations that can support you in all areas of your life such as:
- Care in and out of the home
- Disability and long term conditions
- Mental and Physical Health
- Learning Disability
- Residential Care
- Benefits and Grants
- Direct Payments
- Debt and Money Problems
- General Health and Wellbeing
- Leisure, Clubs, Activities and Exercise
- Legal Problems
- Caring Responsibilities and Respite
- Loneliness and Isolation
- Energy Efficiency
- Weight, Alcohol and Smoking
- Filling out Forms
- This list is not exhaustive
Age UK Solihull is working in partnership with Solihull Mind to ensure residents living with mental health difficulties can access specialist services to meet their needs.
Visit the Hubs
Chelmsley Wood Community Advice Hub:
Chelmsley Wood Library, 10 West Mall, Chelmsley Wood, B37 5TN.
Opening hours for Chelmsley Wood Community Advice Hub: Monday - Friday, 10am to 4pm. (10am - 2pm on Wednesdays)
Factsheets and Guides
We have factsheets, guides and local information available. If you're looking for a tradesperson, would like to find out about local clubs, or need details of local care homes or agencies, look no further!
Age UK Solihull is an Appointed Representative of Solihull Mind for the purpose of FCA Regulated Debt Advice, Debt Counselling and Debt Adjustment. FCA Registration Number 784680. Solihull Mind is a Registered Charity Number 516058. Registered Office 14-16 Faulkner Road Solihull B92 8SY.