Age UK Sunderland is a strong, local and independent charity run by and for the people of Sunderland. We support older people throughout the city through the provision of quality services and by campaigning on issues that affect them.
We firmly believe that our new brand and partnership with Age UK has strengthered our work for older people and enabled us to work together more effectively.
Age UK Sunderland aims to promote the well-being of all older people throughout the City of Sunderland, improve their quality of life and help them maintain independence.
'We believe that each person has a right to a life which maintains their personal independence, safeguards their privacy, offers genuine and informed choices, and provides opportunities for them to enjoy and contribute to the community as fully as possible, and meet their social, spiritual and individual needs.'
Tracy Collins, Director
Age UK Sunderland is working hard to help older people in the area to get more out of later life. We offer a range of services including free, reliable information and advice on:
- Eating well
- Being active
- Learning new skills
- Sorting out money and benefits
Facts about Age UK Sunderland
- We have been providing help and support to the older people of Sunderland for over 65 years.
- We are the largest local independent charity, working and campaigning on issues affecting all older people within the boundaries of the City of Sunderland.
- We aim to provide most of our services free of charge.
- Each week we help over 2,000 older people.
- Anyone over 50 years of age can access any of our services.
If you think we can help you with anything then please contact us.
If you wish to complain or make a comment about any aspect of the services provided by Age UK Sunderland, please click here for our Comments & Complaints Procedure.