Age UK Sunderland is operating a Front Door Service, providing low-level tailored support to enable older people to stay independent for longer in their local community.
Enabling older people to stay independent longer
The Front Door Service offers a single point of contact and extends access to information, early interventions and flexible low-level community based support to adults who do not require intensive or specialised support interventions from statutory services.
Age UK Sunderland’s Front Door Service will triage calls to ensure people receive the right level of support at the right time, and that they are directed to the right service.
The service will operate a referral system for adults who:
- Are resident within the city of Sunderland
- Have no formal health or social care package of support from statutory services or those who would not qualify for local authority social care
- Require low level social and signposting support and practical information
- Are caring for family, friends and neighbours.
The service will not work with people who:
- Have complex health and social care needs, including those with high level support needs in Mental Health and Learning Disabilities whose needs would be better met by other agencies
- Require high intensity or complex care interventions. These referrals will be passed to social work and community health teams for professional assessment.
How to access the Front Door Service:
If you or someone you know needs some low level support or if you are a health or social care professional who has identified that a person needs some additional (low level) community support – whether it is information about social groups that can alleviate loneliness or advice about self-care – you can pass their details to us and we will contact the person and start to connect them with the right help, support and practical information.
To make a referral or for more information, please contact:
Front Door Administrator
Age UK Sunderland
24 Stockton Road
T: 0191 565 9045