Age UK Sunderland offers a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers.
What benefits can you claim?
Our Information and Advice Officers can:
• Check your benefit entitlement.
• Give you advice about benefits and help you to claim them.
• Provide help to fill in claim forms
We offer a telephone advice service, office appointments and home visits when necessary. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information using the details below.
For further information and advice please contact:
Information and Advice Service
Age UK Sunderland
Phone the Information & Advice line on 0191 514 1131 - Monday to Friday between 09:30 and 12:30 and between 14:00 and 16:00.
To access Age UK leaflets and factsheets click this link Age UK leaflets and factsheets
Do you need help and support with tax or other HMRC queries? If you do we can assist you.
- 10 minute 1:1 initial appointments
- Drop in sessions
- Teach you how to register and use HMRCs website
- Provide assistance in completing HMRC forms online
- Referral of complex cases to appropriate external organisations
We can assist you with:
- Tax Code queries
- Inheritance Tax
- Equity Release
- ISA Savings
- Understand the impact of part-time working on your pension
For tax support and to book an appointment please call our Information & Advice line on 0191 514 1131 - Monday to Friday from 09:30 to 12:30 and from 14:00 to 16:00.