What is Social Prescribing?
The services supports people to connect to services within their local community supporting their overall wellbeing.
These services are available to residents of West Sussex
Due to Coronavirus our services are under constant review and are subject to change. For the latest information on services where you live please contact us.
tel: 01903 731 800
How do the social prescribing coordinators do this?
- Aim is to empower people to find solutions to their issues
- Supporting them to link with organisations or services
- This could be simply signposting
Social prescribers are able to give clients time and space to find out what is important to them.
Who can be referred?
- Someone who might be visiting GP practice for none medical support or needs more than just medical intervention.
- Someone who is able to engage with services.
- Support can be given be for a range of issues but housing problems, finances - including debt or benefit support and social isolation are the top three.
- Someone with mental health issues that are being managed and they want to engage with other services or require other support.
- Please speak to your GP surgery if you wish to be referred to a social prescriber.
The service is for people 18 years and over.
Why have social prescribers?
Nationally there is evidence that social prescribing:
- Reduces number of GP appointments
- GP appointments are more medically focused
- Individuals report an increase in feelings of well being
Social Prescribing in West Sussex
This service is currently available from:
Regis –The team cover the 9 GP surgery’s in the Regis area.
Chanctonbury – The team cover the 4 GP Surgery’s
Horsham and Midsussex - The team are based within the Primary Care Network Community Teams and manage the social prescribing needs of clients that meet the criteria for the multidisciplinary community team.
Please contact us to find out more.
Contact Head Office
01903 731 800
Open 9am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and to 4.30 on Fridays.
Age UK West Sussex, Brighton and Hove
Suite 2, First Floor