Coronavirus update – 1 December 2021
Following reports of a new strain of coronavirus known as Omicron in the UK, the Government has announced some changes to the current rules. This means:
- Face coverings are a requirement on public transport, in all shops, and in other settings such as banks and hairdressers. Although face coverings aren't mandatory in other places, you're strongly advised to wear them in any indoor settings.
- All travellers entering the UK are required to take a PCR test on day 2 and self-isolate until they receive a negative result.
- Anyone testing positive for coronavirus must self-isolate for 10 days. Close contacts of people testing positive for the Omicron strain will also have to self-isolate even if they are fully vaccinated (Test and Trace will inform you if this applies to you).
Other rules will remain the same, which means:
- There are no limits on the number of people you can meet up with – indoors or outdoors. This includes life events such as weddings, funerals and large events such as sports matches and festivals.
- Social distancing is no longer a legal requirement – but it's strongly recommended in places such as hospitals.
The Government has also advised taking rapid lateral flow tests before spending time in crowded spaces or visiting people who are at more risk of becoming seriously ill with coronavirus.
Working hard to keep you safe
We’re keeping enhanced hygiene, cleaning and safety measures in place. Hand sanitiser is available and we’re keeping restrictions on numbers in place for the use of confined spaces.
If you need support
If you have any questions about the current rules please contact your local centre or call us on 0800 019 1310 or email: email@example.com
From Art to Zumba, we cover the A-Z of fun, engaging social and physical activities for older people. We offer these in our centres and your local community - can’t wait to see you soon!
Where we’re working in your local area?
Contact Head Office
0800 019 1310
Open 9am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and to 4.30 on Fridays.
Age UK West Sussex, Brighton and Hove
Suite 2, First Floor