Provide information and advice to older people in your community.
What do information and administrative volunteers do?
Advice is a confidential service which plays a crucial role in improving the quality of life for older people.
As a volunteer, you will give older people the information they need to enable them to:
- secure rights and entitlements, by referring them to our benefit entitlement service
- secure cheaper tariffs and reduce outgoing bills, by referring them to our healthy finance service
- making sure people get the support they require, by referring them to our advocacy service
- make people aware of other services available within our organisation
- make people aware of other services available outside our organisation
You will be supported by the Information and Advice Manager.
What you will get out it
- Pride in providing guidance to help others in this role
- A sense of achievement from being able to make an immediate difference to someone's quality of life
- It's a great opportunity to meet new people and be part of a lovely team of staff and volunteers
- Agreed expenses
What is expected of me?
Information and administrative role typically involves letting people know about services, how they can access support, and referring them to other agencies and sources of help.
You will be given training on our online database and will support the Information and Advice team, on keeping the case notes and information up to date, along with some general administration responsibilities.
This is also a fantastic way of getting more experience on your CV!
If you are interested and can spare a few hours per week please contact us for more information on 01286 808732 or email@example.com