If you are over 60 and live in Milton Keynes we can help you to carry on living independently in your own home.
What does this service offer?
The aim of this service is to enable older people living in the borough of Milton Keynes to enjoy later life and live as independently as they wish. We will do our best to meet your individual need and to support you in your own home. All services will be assessed for safety on an individual basis.
- Some people pay for several visits a week that enable us to vacuum clean all rooms, clean the kitchen and bathroom and do some ironing. Other people prefer a visit once a fortnight that helps them keep on top of the housework.
- We can take you to the local shops or to a large supermarket to do your shopping.
- Or we can do your shopping for you.
- We can take you to an appointment with the doctor or hospital and stay with you during the visit, if you wish.
- We can also take you to visit friends or enable you to attend an event.
Who is it for?
For people aged 60 or over who live in the borough of Milton Keynes.
How much does it cost?
- For our standard charge of £16 an hour we will try to cover most errands, activities and visits that older people need to do in their daily life.
- There is a one-off £15 registration fee at the first assessment visit.
How do I access the service?
Please call us on 01908 557874 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will make arrangements to visit you at home to discuss your requirements. For our standard charge of £15.00 an hour we will try to cover most errands, activities and visits that older people need to do in their daily life.
More intensive cleaning
If you would like us to give your home a spring clean or if it needs a more intensive clean our Deep Clean Service can do this. It will be assessed on an individual basis and a price agreed, as two members of our team may be needed.
Interested in working for us?
We are always looking for Home Support Workers to help older people in all areas of Milton Keynes.
Real people, but made anonymous for the internet
Mrs K moved to Milton Keynes with her husband in 1986 but is now widowed and registered blind. Her Home Support Worker cleans the house every week and takes her shopping, meaning that she can carry on living independently in the home she has loved for over 30 years.
Mrs A moved to Milton Keynes to be nearer her daughter. With her daughter working full-time Mrs A finds our Home Support Service invaluable. As well as cleaning the kitchen and bathroom every week her Home Support Worker is also available to accompany Mrs A to the frequent medical appointments she has to monitor a heart condition. Mrs A can enjoy the support of her family but also live independently.