Independent Living Service
- Location: Age UK Milton Keynes
- Price: £19.00
• Our standard charge is £19.00 an hour for domestic cleaning, shopping, relief care and social visits. Please check Gardening Service, Handyperson Service, and Footcare Service charges. Preferred method of payment is Direct Debit. • We charge £28.50 an hour for evenings and weekends
Age UK Milton Keynes
Peartree Centre 1, Chadds Lane
This service enables older people living in the borough of Milton Keynes to enjoy later life and live as independently as they wish.
Additional Fee notes
• There is a one-off £19.00 charge for the initial assessment visit - this is for all new clients or previous clients who stopped receiving the service more than six months ago
• We charge an additional 60p per mile if we are not taking you to your local shop or to an appointment that is not near your home
• If you wish to cancel a visit you will need to give us 72 hours notice, otherwise payment will be required
What we do
We will do our best to meet your individual need and to support you in your own home. All services will be assessed for safety on an individual basis. This service offers:
• Domestic cleaning, shopping and most errands, activities and visits that older people need to do in their daily life
• Handyperson carrying out safety and security work around the home, including supplying and fitting key safes
• Relief care sitting-service for carers and the person they look after - we can now provide this service but may not be able to do so where someone has dementia and is unable to follow social distancing and other safety measures.
• A regular gardening service
• Toenail cutting service
Please get in touch if you have a relative who needs our support. We are able to make arrangements over the telephone, email or using our online form. You can easily complete your referral request online.
See how to fill out the online form below:
Who is it for?
For people aged 55 or over who live in the borough of Milton Keynes.
There is no minimum length contract. Once you have paid for an assessment using a payment method that suits you, you can arrange to have our service as much or as little as you require. You may wish to increase the frequency of how often we visit, for example, or perhaps add another service. If you stop having the service for longer than six months and wish to restart we will carry out a fresh assessment as your needs may have changed.
Our thorough recruitment process ensures that we employ caring, reliable and trustworthy staff who will do a good job.
• We take up references and carry out DBS checks before appointing anyone as an Independent Living Assistant.
• Staff are covered by our insurance
• Staff receive mandatory training in Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults, Food Hygiene and Back Care Awareness. They also attend Introduction to Age UK Milton Keynes training so that they are aware of the other services we offer to older people
• Our Independent Living Assistants wear an Age UK Milton Keynes branded uniform with our logo and are issued with personal ID cards which they carry with them at all times. Please ask to see their proof of identification - they will be happy to show it to you
• Staff are supplied with personal protection equipment (PPE) and will follow safe practices when working
Bank holidays and cancellations
We are able to provide the Independent Living Service on bank holidays but please arrange this with your usual Independent Living Assistant as this is charged at time and a half.
You must give 72 hours notice if you wish to cancel the service as payment will be required otherwise.