We wish to recruit new voluntary trustees to our Board of Trustees.
for an initial three-year term
We are seeking people who can help support the development of the charity’s strategic direction and impact by putting older people in Northamptonshire at the heart of everything we do. This is now more vital than ever, at a time when local government resources are under increasing pressure.
Age UK Northamptonshire is a large local, independent Charity which was established to serve the needs of older people living in Northamptonshire, especially people who are frail, vulnerable and/or socially isolated. By providing support and services the charity aims to enhance their quality of life and maintains core values, which are:
- Putting older people first
- Being dependable and adaptable
- Being business-like but compassionate
- Treating people as individuals and human beings
We are looking for Trustees who may have a range of skills and experience including leadership and senior management in the commercial sector or health sector or have senior legal or financial professional expertise.
Ideally, the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of meaningful roles in the private, public or voluntary sector
- The ability to operate at Board level effectively in a significant local charitable organisation
- Ability to think creatively and strategically; the skills to challenge current thinking at Board level
- The time commitment needed to make a difference to the charity – meeting twice quarterly, attend the annual away day and AGM as well as aligning with one of the services the charity provides
How to apply
Please contact the Chief Executive’s office to express an interest by sending an email to email@example.com or telephone 01604 611203 and ask for Sharon Hepple-Scott.