This service enables older people to carry on living independently in their own home.
With a little help from us you can improve your safety and security and enjoy your home more.
Call 01604 611200 or 07824 321 857
Carrying out essential work in the home
We continue to support older people in the county during the coronavirus pandemic by carrying out essential work in the home which helps keep them safe. We fit key safes and carry out work that helps older people live independently. Please call us to find out how we can help.
During the coronavirus pandemic
Everyone in our Handyperson team is mindful of reducing the risk of coronavirus to our clients and themselves wherever as possible.
- Please open all doors to rooms they need access to, including the front door as they leave.
- Please maintain a safe distance.
- Allow the team member to use handwashing facilities, if required.
- We do not accept cash payments so you can pay on the the day by cheque or we will send you an invoice.
Fences and sheds
We can paint, mend and refurbish garden sheds and fences, including replacing broken glass and making good shed window frames.
We can apply a fresh coat of paint to walls and woodwork in your home. Now is the time to spruce up your home and enjoy a change of decor.
DIY jobs in the home
We can repair kitchen drawers and kick plates and carry out other minor repairs to internal fixings.
Personal alarm equipment
Our handyperson can install and fit client's own equipment that is connected to a call centre. One-off charge £30.
What does the service offer?
- replacing light bulbs, fuses and plugs
- small carpentry work
- dealing with trip hazards such as uneven floorboards or protruding cables
- putting up pictures and shelves
- levelling paving slabs, mending and making gates, repairing fences
- supply and fit a police-approved Supra C500 key safe for £92
- supply and fit a grabrail for £31.50 (each additional grab rail £15.75)
- supply and fit smoke alarm £26.25
- moving furniture within a property - see below
Who is it for?
People aged 60 and over living in Northamptonshire.
How much does it cost?
- We charge £26 per hour, with a minimum charge of £15.75
- For larger jobs we can provide a free written quotation without obligation
- We can visit to change the code on your key safe or to show you how to use it - a one-off charge of £15.75 is made to cover our costs
How do I access the service?
Please call Jo Gunnett on 01604 611200 or 07824 321 857
or email email@example.com
Our workforce is made up of paid staff and volunteers and we cover the whole of Northamptonshire.
We now have handypersons in Brackley and Wellingborough
Our Handyperson team is growing all the time and we are able to help older people in most of the county. Get in touch to find out how we can help.
Moving furniture to free up space
The Handyperson Service is able to help move furniture in a home to free up space for specialist equipment, such as a hospital bed. We would appreciate as much notice as possible, but we do work closely with medical staff to enable patients to be discharged from hospital promptly.
- We cannot take away furniture and other household items, but we will move items to another room or garage at the property for storage.
- We can also assemble new furniture such as beds or flat-packed items
- There is a charge for this service which will depend on the mileage involved and number of handypersons needed to carry out the work. Please call us for a quote.
Business Directory for local traders and businesses
The traders and businesses listed on the Business Directory website have been checked to ensure that they are qualified, insured and have a history of reliable and trustworthy trading. We do not charge you for using the Business Directory.