The Warm Homes Programme
- We are carrying out free Home Energy Checks for older people in Northamptonshire who are at risk of falling into fuel poverty. By carrying out practical checks and fitting small energy saving measures we can help reduce their gas and electricity bills.
- We can also help increase older people's income by checking their entitlement to welfare benefits.
- We can give advice on how to keep warm and save energy.
Our Handyperson can make your home more energy efficient and identify ways in which your energy bills can be trimmed. A home visit usually takes about an hour.
This is for anyone who:
- is finding it difficult to meet rising fuel costs and therefore living in a cold home
- hasn’t compared market prices of fuel providers online
- is living in a damp or cold home and has an ongoing health condition that cold temperatures will make worse
Gordon, our Home Energy Checker, will implement ways he can help, such as fitting radiator foils to reflect heat and make the heating more efficien. He can fit energy-saving lightbulbs, draught excluders around windows and doors and lag a hot water tank with a new jacket.
Get in touch if you think we can help!
Call us on 01604 611200 to arrange a free home visit.