About Age NI
Age NI is the leading charity for older people in Northern Ireland. Our vision is a world where everyone can love later life. Our mission is to help people enjoy a better later life.
Our society is ageing. More than 350,000 older people live in Northern Ireland, and there are more people over the age of 50 than under the age of 19. In the next twenty years, the number of people over 50 will increase by more than 30%.
We believe that people should be supported to love later life. They should have enough money; be enabled to stay well and feel good; and have the opportunity to be equal and engaged citizens.
The charity provides a range of services across Northern Ireland including:
- Age NI Advice Service which deals with more than 10,000 enquiries every year
- Day, residential and domiciliary care to 1,200 clients every week in centres across Northern Ireland
- First Connect service, which supports older people who are in need of direct emotional and practical help in their lives at a time of crisis, perhaps through bereavement or illness
- Community Navigators to help older people stay active in their local communities
- Support for 11 sub-regional older people's networks to increase the voice and sustainability of older people’s groups at a local level
- Policy and Engagement activities to ensure that policy decisions made today will support more older people in Northern Ireland to love later life
- Products and services such as the Age NI Personal Alarm, tailor-made to support people aged over 50
Our Impact Report 2017-2018
Age NI is the leading charity for Older people in Northern Ireland. We are at the forefront of change, enabling older people to have a voice and to remain as independent as possible, supporting those who need help in our society and inspiring people to love later life.
Our Impact Report celebrates our key achievements in 2017-18 from across the organisation, and also highlights the difference we are making to older people across Northern Ireland.