About Age NI
Age NI enables older people to make the very best of their lives and works to create a society that truly values, supports and welcomes them. Our Vision is a society in which we can thrive as we age. Our Mission is to help people to enjoy later life.
You matter | We care | Together we can make a difference
Our society is ageing. More than 350,000 older people live in Northern Ireland, and there are more people over the age of 50 than under the age of 19. In the next twenty years, the number of people over 50 will increase by more than 30%.
We believe that people should be supported to love later life. They should have enough money; be enabled to stay well and feel good; and have the opportunity to be equal and engaged citizens.
The charity provides a range of services across Northern Ireland including:
- Age NI Advice Service which deals with more than 10,000 enquiries every year
- Day, residential and domiciliary care to 1,200 clients every week in centres across Northern Ireland
- First Connect service, which supports older people who are in need of direct emotional and practical help in their lives at a time of crisis, perhaps through bereavement or illness
- My Life My Way, providing support for older people with dementia, and their carers in the Belfast and Northern Trust area.
- Living Well Moyle – Supporting people with chronic conditions to lead happier and healthier lives, by reconnecting them with activities in their community.
- Support for 11 sub-regional older people's networks to increase the voice and sustainability of older people’s groups at a local level
- Policy and Engagement activities to ensure that policy decisions made today will support more older people in Northern Ireland to love later life
- Products and services such as the Age NI Personal Alarm, tailor-made to support people aged over 50