Work for us
Age NI is the charity supporting older people in Northern Ireland.
Each year we provide direct support to thousands of older people to help them love later life.
Here are just a few reasons why you should work for Age NI:
- We are accredited Gold Investors in People award holder
- We provide excellent employment opportunities
- We strive to continuously improve existing terms and conditions
- We value your Personal and Professional Development
- We want to see our employees achieve work life balance
- We look after your health and well-being
- We provide an excellent employment package including a competitive basic salary, sickness scheme, generous annual leave entitlements and non-contributory health scheme.
- We are committed to delivering our Culture and Values
Day Care Worker, Ballynahinch (4 Days)
This new role within Age NI provides an excellent opportunity for someone who possesses the passion and commitment to work in a progressive organisation and help us achieve our vision - a society in which we can thrive as we age.
Day Care Worker, Ballynahinch (28 hours)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To provide a range of support activities in the centres
- To assist with review procedures and assessment reports
- To assist co-ordinator in the day to day running of centre including cleaning duties
- To assist with the personal care requirements of clients including toileting and personal hygiene
- To participate in the implementation of activities of those attending the centre
- To attend team meetings as required
- To participate in training organised by Age NI
Applicants should have the following:
- Experience of working with older people in a paid or voluntary capacity
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector [desirable]
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards achieving this qualification
- Post holder must register with NISCC and will be subject to an enhanced Access NI check [Please read Access NI Code of Practice]
What Age NI can offer you:
Salary Scale: £10.42 per hour
Hours: 28 hours per week
Annual leave: 21 days (rising to 26 after 4 years’ service) plus 12 bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
Group Personal Pension (contributions on qualifying earnings: 5% employer and 3% employee)
Health Shield Cash Plan
Age NI reserve the right to enhance the essential criteria to facilitate shortlisting.
Closing date for completed applications is Wednesday 13 December 2023 at 12 noon.
Age NI is committed to recruiting fairly. An application form enables us to assess applicants consistently against the criteria for the role and for that reason we cannot accept CVs.
Age NI is committed to providing equal opportunities to everyone.
Our volunteering opportunities enable you to get involved and help support our vital work. Sparing just a couple of hours could make a real difference!