Comments, Compliments and Complaints
Age NI aims to provide high quality services and support. We value all feedback and welcome the opportunity to learn and improve what we do.
General comments and compliments
Your feedback will help us understand what is working well and consider potential opportunities for change and improvements. Information about what happened, who was involved, where and when this happened, if relevant, will be very helpful. You can provide general comments and compliments by completing our online Feedback form here.
We recognise that sometimes things can go wrong. If you are unhappy with any aspect of our work, we would like to hear about it.
How to make a complaint
A complaint may be about action taken by Age NI, a lack of response, discourtesy, failure to consult, or about the standard of a service you have received. So, please let us know if:
- You think we have done something wrong
- We have not done something we said we would do
- You are not satisfied with a particular service or set of services we provide.
We will try to resolve any concern you have quickly and informally without having to make a formal complaint. You can contact the member of staff concerned to see if the matter can be resolved to your satisfaction. You can, however, make a formal complaint at any stage.
Complaints should be raised within 3 months of the matter in question.
To make a complaint you can:
- Complete the online Feedback Form
- Call us on 028 9024 5729. Our team are available Monday to Friday between 9am – 5pm (excluding bank holidays)
- Write to Database & Administration Manager, Age NI, 3 Lower Crescent, Belfast, BT7 1NR
- Send an email to email@example.com
How we will respond
- We will treat your complaint seriously.
- We will acknowledge complaints made by telephone, online form, email and in person within 2 working days.
- Complaints made in writing by letter will be acknowledged within 5 working days.
- If we need to make further investigations, we will confirm that we have received your complaint and seek to resolve the complaint within 14 working days.
- If we are unable to reply within 14 working days, we will let you know the progress we have made and when you can expect to receive a final response.
What happens next?
If you are unhappy with the response that you have been provided with, you may ask for a review of how your complaint was handled.
Things to bear in mind before you complete our Feedback Form
The more information you can provide us, the quicker we can respond to your Comment, Compliment or Complaint. So, if you can, please include the following information:
- Your contact details
- Details of what happened and who was involved
- Where and when this happened, if relevant
Once we receive your comment, compliment or complaint, we'll be in touch - unfortunately, we can't get in touch with someone else at your request, so please provide only your own contact details.
Comments, Compliments, Complaints form