Skip to content
Please donate

How to arrange care

Do you or someone you know need a bit of help as they get older? Perhaps you could use some help at home, need some adaptations, or want to look into your options about where you’re going to live in the future. 


  • What is social care?

    'Social care' refers to the extra support or care needed to carry out daily tasks at home to keep you living independently.
  • Care needs assessment

    The first step to getting social care is to get a care needs assessment.
  • Personalised care budgets

    Personal budgets and direct payments can give you more control over your care.
  • Paying for care

    If you’re looking at getting some social care, then you may have questions about how to pay for it.
  • Deprivation of assets

    If you reduce your assets (money, property or income), these won’t be included in the financial assessment for care home fees.
  • Do I have to sell my home?

    Your home will not be included if you're arranging care and support at home and or if you live with a partner, child, or a relative who is disabled or over the age of 60.

Age NI Advice Service

Every year our Advice Service deals with thousands of calls from older people in need. Call us today to make sure that you are receiving all the help and support available to you.

Call freephone 0808 808 7575
Monday - Friday 9am – 5pm 

Become part of our story

Sign up today

Back to top