Skip to content
Please donate

Housing options

Many of us find that as we get older we start to think more about where we live. Whether it's moving in with family, renting, or sheltered housing, there are lots of different options.

I'd like to stay at home

I've decided to move

  • Specialist housing options

    Specialist housing options for older people, include shared ownership, retirement villages, Abbeyfield developments, and almshouses.
  • Park homes

    Park homes, also known as mobile homes, are single-storey houses that can be moved from place to place.
  • Returning from abroad

    Even though you may love living overseas, you may eventually decide to move back.

I want to move to where I can get more support

Sheltered housing

If you want to live independently but somewhere easier to manage, sheltered, or retirement housing could appeal to you.

Care homes

If you need more personal care than sheltered housing can give you, moving to a care home could be an option.

Age NI Advice Service

Every year our Advice Service deals with thousands of calls from older people in need. Call us today to make sure that you are receiving all the help and support available to you.

Call freephone 0808 808 7575
Monday - Friday 9am – 5pm 

Become part of our story

Sign up today

Back to top