What are the benefits of partnering with Age UK Redbridge, Barking & Havering?
A partnership with us could be beneficial for your business by helping you meet your corporate social responsibility objectives. It's a great way to motivate employees, gain insight into the over-50s market, get some great PR and help Age UK Redbridge, Barking & Havering to support vulnerable people in the local community. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How can we get involved?
There are a number of ways your organisation can partner with us.
Choose Age UK Redbridge, Barking and Havering as your Charity of the Year
Please consider choosing Age UK Redbridge, Barking & Havering as your business Charity of the Year. In return we would offer joint branding on our fundraising materials and our events, as well as positive PR and local media coverage.
Sponsor one of our events
Your staff could get involved in our events thoughout the year, such as a theatre show,concert or a tea party. By sponsoring an event you help us with the costs, for example, food and decorations, and in return get some great PR and local media coverage.
Display a collection tin
Could you display a collection tin in your office or shop? This would help us to collect much needed donations to ontinue our vital work in Redbridge, Barking and Havering.
Donate a raffle prize or service
Could you donate a prize for one of our fundraising raffles and competitions - perhaps a bottle of wine, box of chocolates or biscuits, bath goodies, gift vouchers, or free services?
Run a fundraising event
Your employees could run their own fundraiser to help raise vital funds for our work. They could do a cake sale, dress down day, a sponsored walk or run, or a raffle. There's so many things they could do - contact us for more ideas!
“Age UK Redbridge, Barking & Havering is always looking creatively at ways to obtain sponsorship for projects or events. These enable us to achieve our goals of enabling quality of life for older people, whilst also giving publicity to our business sponsors. Why not consider how you could engage with us on a joint project? Examples of how others have helped us include:
- Bluebird Care and Lexus Woodford each sponsored a tea party with entertainer Vikki Lyons at The Broadway Theatre, Barking, donating £250 each. This was to launch our social and leisure programme, Di’s Diamonds and Diamond Geezers, in Barking & Dagenham
- Tesco Roneo Corner has donated many beautifully presented hampers and raffle prizes at a number of our events, with staff volunteering their time to ensure everyone has a good time. Staff at Tesco regularly host Techy Teas when elders can get help with IT problems, as well as tea, cakes and entertainment on Silver Sunday
- Nat West Bank, South Street, Romford, has provided us with hundreds of copies of ‘The Little Black Book of Scams’, along with raffle prizes and volunteer time from the manager, who has hosted scams awareness events with his staff in partnership with us
- Lexus Woodford donated a raffle prize of a luxury car for a weekend, along with goodie bags and pens worth £400
- Petty and Son, estate agents, donated beautiful table mats with views of Wanstead to our Activity Centre on Wanstead High Street
- Kelly & Victoria’s Floral Designs provided flowers and equipment at reduced cost for a flower arranging day
- Broadway Theatre, Barking, and Queens Theatre, Hornchurch, hosted wonderful tea parties, with entertainers, at reduced cost, in partnership with us
What could you offer?”