While our buildings may be closed and our resources may be stretched we are still here to help. Your call to our number will be answered and we are still receiving our emails. We are having to deliver services differently but we continue to:
- Offer information 020 8220 6000, aiming to be a reliable, easy-to-understand source of advice for all older people, their friends, family and carers.
- Provide telephone befriending services
- Provide home support services
- Provide shopping for those who have no one to help them
- Provide telephone support for our more vulnerable clients with dementia or long term health conditions and loneliness via our Care Navigation service
- Our Di's Diamonds service is supporting it's members with on line activities, including virtual coffee mornings, quizzes, watch parties and much more. Anyone who joins the Di's Diamonds group can have access to their unique Facebook page through which activities are advertised.
- Provide on line exercise opportunities for some members of our Falls Prevention exercise groups
Age UK Redbridge, Barking & Havering takes the health and well-being of our clients, staff and volunteers very seriously and we always work hard to ensure that everyone remains safe and well. We are carefully following NHS and Government guidelines on how best to respond to the outbreak.
Please visit the individual service pages for more information.
Social activities and practical services
We offer hairdressing to men and women in your own home by our contracted fully qualified and experienced hairdressers, Leon and Talya.
Contact us for a referral on 020 8220 6000
We offer a number of classes for different levels of ability. Small group classes or one to one tuition, at our offices in Ilford or our Wanstead Activity Centre. Find out about our new courses starting in April 2019, and our drop in sessions to help with laptop/tablet/phone problems