We operate a Dementia Advice Early Intervention Service which is free, independent and confidential to older people with dementia, their relatives, carers, and friends. We provide information on issues affecting people with dementia such as welfare benefits, community care, leisure and health. The Dementia Advice Early Intervention Service is for people who need to obtain a diagnosis or are diagnosed with early stage dementia. The service is part of the Redbridge Dementia Partnership, where different organisations work together to improve the lives of people with dementia and their carers living in the local community.
The Dementia Advice service provides support to people with Early Stage Dementia who are over 60 years of age and reside in the Borough of Redbridge. Referrals can be made via email, post, fax, phone (on the number below) or in person. Self-referrals are also accepted.
The Dementia Advice service can provide dementia related information, advice, and signposting over the phone for residents of Barking and Dagenham and Havering. However, clients requiring more intensive casework are covered by the general Advice and Information team.
What can we do to help you?
- Information on dementia and how to obtain diagnosis
- Coordinated support to meet your needs including accessing services
- Practical and emotional support, promoting the ethos of living well with dementia
- Assistance with applications for benefits and transport schemes
- Help to plan for the future
- Discuss any other issue or concern you may have
- Peer support groups for people newly diagnosed and their carers
- Drop – in clinics at King George Hospital Memory Clinic, Redbridge Memory Service and Dementia Advice GP surgeries.
Find out more
If you would like further information about the dementia advice services or to make a referral, please contact us on the details below:
Age UK Redbridge, Barking & Havering
4th Floor, 103 Cranbrook Road
Ilford IG1 4PU
t: 020 8220 6000
f: 020 8478 4767
Updates to our Dementia Service
Our Dementia Service will still be running during the Corona Virus Outbreak but support will be provided over the phone only.