Coronavirus update – 10 December 2021
Following reports of a new strain of coronavirus known as Omicron in the UK, the Government has announced some changes to the current rules. This means:
- Face coverings are a requirement on public transport, in all shops, and in other settings such as banks and hairdressers. From Friday, 10 December face coverings must also be worn in settings including theatres and cinemas. Although face coverings aren't mandatory in other places, you're strongly advised to wear them in any indoor settings.
- Anyone testing positive for coronavirus must self-isolate for 10 days. Close contacts of people testing positive for the Omicron strain will also have to self-isolate even if they are fully vaccinated (Test and Trace will inform you if this applies to you).
Other rules will remain the same, which means:
- There are no limits on the number of people you can meet up with – indoors or outdoors.
- Social distancing is no longer a legal requirement – but it's strongly recommended in places such as hospitals.
- All businesses can be open.
Working hard to keep you safe
We’re keeping enhanced hygiene, cleaning and safety measures in place. Hand sanitiser is available and we’re keeping restrictions on numbers in place for the use of confined spaces.
If you need support
If you have any questions about the current rules please contact your local centre or call us on 0800 019 1310 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact us: 01903 731 800
Where to find us:
Please pre-book before visiting us.
What’s on offer at our building?
This beautiful building and garden offers;
- A café serving a wide selection of drinks, cakes and meals.
- A variety of classes and activities.
- A number of spaces for hire.
Please give us a call, email or visit our Facebook page Age UK West Sussex, Brighton & Hove – Horsham District for the most up-to-date information.