Hours: 37 hours a week
Salary: £60,000 pa
Location: Flexible – Hybrid working available.
Closing Date: Monday 9th October 2023
About Age UK West Sussex, Brighton and Hove
We are a dynamic and impactful charity, known for our excellent work as the UK’s leading older people’s charity. We are an ageing population, and many older people have no one else but us, so we are passionate about inspiring and enabling people over 50 to Love Later Life. Serving 15,000 people a year we work collaboratively and strategically across the area to deliver highly impactful services to ensure people can be informed, connected, and healthy.
Our various services and activities within the community, help individuals, their families and carers by providing opportunities for people to stay independent, have fun, socialise and build friendships. We also deliver services for people over 18. It is a great time to join the charity as we have very ambitious plans to continue to grow the whole organisation, to broaden our reach and become more efficient and effective.
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO), who has Senior Level Charity or Public Sector experience, to join our team. The COO will play a critical role in overseeing and optimising our organisation's operational efficiency and effectiveness. Reporting directly to the CEO, the COO will provide strategic leadership, ensure seamless coordination among various departments, and implement processes and systems that support our mission and growth.
- Strategic Leadership: Collaborate with the CEO and senior leadership team to develop and execute the organisation's strategic plan. Provide insights and recommendations to drive growth and achieve our mission.
- Operational Excellence: Oversee and optimise all aspects of organisational operations, including finance, technology, operations and facilities management. Ensure efficient allocation of resources and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Leading the marketing and communications team in partnership with the Head of Marketing and Engagement including wider PR and press opportunities
- Team Leadership: Lead and inspire a cross-functional team, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, and innovation. Mentor and develop team members to achieve their full potential.
- Financial Stewardship: Work closely with the Head of Finance to manage the organisation's financial resources, budgeting, and reporting. Ensure fiscal responsibility and sustainability.
- Technology and Infrastructure: Evaluate and enhance the organisation's technology infrastructure to support growth and efficiency. Identify opportunities for automation and digital transformation.
- Risk Management: Develop and implement risk management strategies to protect the organisation's assets and reputation.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, partners, and regulatory agencies.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
The role is offered on a hybrid basis, with travel expected to any of our sites across West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, with some home working.
To arrange an informal chat please contact Helen Rice, CEO at email@example.com
Interview date week commencing 16th October 2023.
At AUKWSBH we value our people and as such our staff benefits include:
- Flexible Working Option
- Ongoing professional training and development
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff)
- Eligible for Blue Light discount scheme
- Part of an inclusive, welcoming and committed team
- Ability to make a genuine positive difference to people’s lives
- 4% auto enrolment pension with Life Assurance
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We want everyone who works for us or who we work with, to feel included and that they belong at Age UK West Sussex, Brighton and Hove.
We are committed to building a diverse organisation that represents the communities we serve and ensuring inclusion in everything we do. We want you to perform at your best, so please contact us should you require any adjustments to allow you to apply/undertake your role.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website and download an application form https://www.ageuk.org.uk/westsussexbrightonhove/get-involved/work-for-us/
Should you be successful, you will be subject to checks, including DBS and references.