Hours: 20 hours a week with occasional evenings and weekends
Salary: £12,805 pa (£23,690 FTE)
Locations: Bognor Regis
Closing Date: 1st November 2023*
*We may interview suitable applicants before the closing date and vacancies could close earlier, so please do apply as soon as possible. Please note that we are unable to accept sponsorship applications and you will need the Right to Work in the UK.
About The Role
As part of a brand-new service, you'll be working 1:2:1 with people supporting them to access local community services and connecting them up to improve their health and wellbeing. For example, they might need help to access benefits or housing advice, or they may be lonely and want to get out and about more. You'll work as part of a multidisciplinary NHS team through Sussex Community Foundation Trust. This is an extremely rewarding role making a big difference to local people, keeping them out of hospital and in their homes - many don’t have local family support. We’ll provide you with training and support every step of the way as we set up this exciting new team.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- You should be really good at talking and engaging with clients, colleagues, and professionals.
- You’ll need to be good at helping to find solutions for clients.
- You should know how to refer people to local services that will help people further (this will be part of your training).
- Experience of working in health care is helpful but not essential.
- You need to know how to use email and write client notes.
- You need a driver's licence, a car, and be okay with traveling (we'll pay for the mileage outside of you base).
- You should be comfortable working in people's homes, the community, hospitals or offices.
- You’ll need to be flexible and have a positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to work some weekends as part of a rota.
- You should be good at managing your work and competing demands, sometimes it’s very busy.
- Essentially, you should want to help local people be healthier and happier!
If you feel you have the passion for the role, share our values but may not have all the skills, we’d still love to talk to you, so please do get in touch on the email below.
Also if you need help with submitting an application, please do email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you.
At AUKWSBH we value our people and as such our staff benefits include:
- Flexible Working Option
- Ongoing professional training and development
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff)
- Eligible for Blue Light discount scheme
- Part of an inclusive and committed team
- Ability to make a genuine positive difference to people’s lives
- 4% auto enrolment pension with Life Assurance
We’re known for our excellent work with older people in the UK. We are an ageing population, and many older people have no one else but us. We are passionate about inspiring and enabling people over 50 to Love Later Life.
We provide various services and activities within the community, helping people, their families and carers by providing opportunities for people to stay independent, have fun, socialise and build friendships. We also deliver some services for people over 18. We offer rewarding roles, flexibility and the chance to be part of an amazing team!
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We want everyone who works for us or who we work with, to feel included and that they belong at Age UK West Sussex, Brighton and Hove.
We are committed to building a diverse organisation that represents the communities we serve and ensuring inclusion in everything we do. We want you to perform at your best, so please contact us should you require any adjustments to allow you to apply/undertake your role. We plan to send interview questions to successful candidates prior to interviewing.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com or download and complete an application form.
Should you be successful, you will be subject to checks, including DBS and references.