Hours: 15 hours a week
Salary: £10,021 pa (£24,720 FTE)
Closing Date: 3rd November 2023*
*We may interview suitable applicants before the closing date and vacancies could close earlier, so please do apply as soon as possible. Please note that we are unable to accept sponsorship applications and you will need the Right to Work in the UK.
About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Prescriber to join our amazing and dedicated team. You will be a key member of the Primary Care Network (PCN) multi-disciplinary team within a GP practice or Primary Care Network. You will provide help to patients, empowering them to take control of their health and well-being. The support you give will focus on what matters to the patient, taking a holistic approach to each individuals health and well-being. You will be connecting patients to community groups and services for practical and emotional support.
Although our organisation supports people over the age of 50, our Social Prescribers support all patients from the age of 18. You will be helping patients set goals, achieve personal growth, and behaviour modification as well as building resilience and social connectedness, reduce inequalities and help patients to have greater control over their health and lives.
All roles offer hybrid working, with a mixture of working in GP Surgeries, office and homeworking.
There may be a requirement to provide status of and have further vaccinations in line with NHS recruitment guidelines. This is necessary to protect the worker, their families and other healthcare professionals as well as patients especially those with weakened immune systems.
What you will need to be successful in the role
- Strong commitment to enhancing the health and well-being of individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and clients, with skill in framing a conversation with patients.
- Ability to think creatively and offer personalised solutions.
- Proficiency in data management and record-keeping.
- Familiarity with health and social care systems.
- Passion for promoting self-care, independence, and community engagement.
- Experience in a similar role or volunteering with a focus on health and well-being.
- Knowledge of local resources and services is advantageous.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve organisational goals.
- Driving licence and use of a car as some travel maybe required.
Don’t worry if you think you’re missing some listed skills, if you’re passionate and share our values, please do still get in touch with us.
If you need help with completing an application or want to chat, please email email@example.com so we can arrange this.
At AUKWSBH we value our people and as such our staff benefits include:
- Flexible Working Option
- Ongoing professional training and development
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff)
- Eligible for Blue Light discount scheme
- Part of an inclusive and committed team
- Ability to make a genuine positive difference to people’s lives
- 4% auto enrolment pension with Life Assurance
We’re known for our excellent work with older people in the UK. We are an ageing population, and many older people have no one else but us. We are passionate about inspiring and enabling people over 50 to Love Later Life.
We provide various services and activities within the community, helping people, their families and carers by providing opportunities for people to stay independent, have fun, socialise and build friendships. We also deliver some services for people over 18. We offer rewarding roles, flexibility and the chance to be part of an amazing team!
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We want everyone who works for us or who we work with, to feel included and that they belong at Age UK West Sussex, Brighton and Hove.
We are committed to building a diverse organisation that represents the communities we serve and ensuring inclusion in everything we do. We want you to perform at your best, so please contact us should you require any adjustments to allow you to apply/undertake your role. We plan to send interview questions to successful candidates prior to interviewing.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website and download an application form https://www.ageuk.org.uk/westsussexbrightonhove/get-involved/work-for-us/
Should you be successful, you will be subject to checks, including DBS and references.