As a Welfare Benefits Volunteer at Macmillan you can help support and advise older people in Brighton & Hove.
What is the role?
Help people affected by advanced cancer and other life-limiting illnesses by offering effective Welfare Benefits advice and support.
What you will get out of it
- It's a great way to make a real difference to someone's life
- You'll be giving something to your community
- You get to be part of Age UK Brighton & Hove's volunteer team
- Training from Age UK Brighton & Hove
What is expected of me?
Some examples of what you may do are:
- Welfare Benefits entitlement checks
- Support in applying for Welfare Benefits (completion of forms/telephone calls/letter writing)
- Accessing charitable grants
- Applying for help with health costs, such as travel to hospital
- Applying for transport concessions, such as a disabled parking badge
- Support with benefit appeals and decisions
- Referrals to other service providers where necessary (housing, debt, employment)