As a Reception Volunteer you can help support and welcome older people in Brighton & Hove.
What is the role?
To help and direct personal and telephone callers in a welcoming and professional manner, and to be a first point of contact for many people coming in to the building.
What you will get out of it
- It's a great way to make a real difference to someone's life
- You'll be giving something to your community
- You get to be part of Age UK Brighton & Hove's volunteer team
- Training from Age UK Brighton & Hove
What is expected of me?
Some examples of what you may do are:
- Dealing with all reasonable queries/issues from personal callers
- Be the first point of contact
- Advise staff and volunteers when a visitor arrives.
- Check the availability of staff and volunteers to accept visitors.
- Escort visitors to their destination if no one is available to collect them.
- Issue and retrieve visitor’s badges.
- Dealing with all reasonable queries/issues from telephone callers
- Take calls and messages
- Provide simple signposting