Help improve the lives of people affected by dementia
What does the role involve?
You will work one-to-one with people in their own home and in the community, providing invaluable practical and emotional support and engaging the person in activities and opportunities that interest them through their wellbeing plan.
What will you get out of it?
- You'll be making a difference to the lives of older people.
- You'll gain knowledge and insight into issues that impact on older people’s lives.
- You'll have an opportunity to build confidence and skills in engaging with people.
- You'll be part of something that is rewarding and enjoyable.
What is expected of me
- Volunteers are asked to make regular weekly visits of about to two to three hours weekly on a Thursday or Friday, between 9 -5pm.
- Interested applicants must complete training in dementia in addition to the other training and induction linked to all our roles.
To find out more click on the role outline below or email firstname.lastname@example.org