What does the role involve?
Be based at our Henderson Court Hub in Hampstead with the Dementia team facilitating and taking meeting notes from the support group that happens.
- Send out the letter of invitation to members
- Call and remind members about the meeting and confirm any travel arrangements
- Co-facilitate the meeting with a member of staff
- Take notes if necessary
- Liaise with guest speakers
- Register members on our Database system
What you will get out of it?
- Volunteers will be supported in their role by the Group Facilitators
- Travel and other agreed out of pocket expenses are reimbursed
What is expected of me?
- Have good verbal and written skills in English
- Confident to speak to people on the phone
- Confident in writing letters, using email and accessing the internet
- Enjoy meeting people and finding out about their lives and views
- Willing and able to take an active role in the co facilitation of the monthly meeting
- Are willing to volunteer within our policies designed to keep older people safe
- Will respect the boundaries of the role
To find out more click on the role outline below or to request an application pack email firstname.lastname@example.org