When some of the usual chores and everyday tasks start to become more difficult to carry out, we can help.
We can provide reliable sources of help and support around your home and garden, so you can stay independent in your own home for longer.
Contact us today for a FREE assessment from our experienced team.
How we can help
We are flexible and work around your needs to provide as much or as little help as you need. Our register of Home Helps, gardeners and handypersons are individually selected by Age UK Horsham District; we do not use agency staff. Each carries a photo identity card, has been police checked and is fully insured.
"Our Home Help personnel will work in a way that lets you continue to live your life the way you want."
Once we have carried out your free assessment, we can help you find the services to suit your needs.
Our Home Helps can assist you with tasks such as:
- General cleaning
- Laundry and ironing
- Help with simple practical tasks such as changing your bedding
- Shopping, if you are unable to do this
- Help with sorting your post, arranging correspondence and telephone calls (such as making appointments for you)
- Many other small jobs
We carry out a free no obligation home visit to discuss your needs. Together, we agree an appropriate work plan, tailor made to your requirements and then introduce you to your carefully selected Home Help.
What else do I need to know?
- The Help at Home service operates between 9am to 4pm, Mondays to Fridays.
- It does not undertake any personal care such as helping you to dress, go to the toilet, assist with medication or meal preparation.
- The service is for people aged 50+, and to disabled and vulnerable adults.
How much does a Home Help cost?
With funding received from West Sussex County Council, we are able to offer the service for those on a low income at a subsidised hourly rate of £8.00, otherwise it is £11.20 per hour plus a quarterly management fee of £47.15.
See how a Handyperson and Gardener can help you
Our Handypersons can help with:
- simple tasks, such as changing light bulbs, where it can be done safely
- fixing curtain rails, key safes
- clearing gutters
No job is too small. We will arrange for one of our self employed handypersons to call you and discuss a time convenient for you. There is no call out charge and the hourly rate is capped.
Our Gardeners can carry out:
Our self-employed gardeners can help you with those tasks around the garden that have become a little difficult. They will work with you helping you keep your garden just the way you like it. The hourly rate is capped at an affordable price.
Contact us for more information
Telephone: 01403 260 560