Skip to content

TV licence concessions

You need to be covered by a TV Licence to watch or record live TV programmes on any channel, or download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer.

This could be on any device, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

However, you could be entitled to a concession if you're:

Do you need a licence for a second home?

The TV licence for your main home doesn't cover you if you have a second home. You will have to buy a separate licence.

If you have a licence for your main home, you won't need another if you have a static caravan or mobile home and you don't use the TV at the same time in both places. You'll still need to fill in a declaration form and send it to TV Licensing.

For more information: Call Age NI Advice: 0808 808 7575

This page was last updated:

Was this helpful?