Text PETRA to 70580 to donate £5
Texts will cost the donation amount plus one standard network rate message
Find out more - come along to one of our Information Evenings. Wednesday 17th May or Tuesday 6th June. Email email@example.com or book online
We have teamed up again with The Different Travel Company to bring you a new exciting Adventure Fundraising trip.
- 23rd - 30th November 2024
- Step back in time and follow the ancient Bedouin migration route to the city of Petra
- Spend 5 days experiencing some of the most spectacular natural scenery of Jordan
- Return flights, meals, accommodation all included!
- All trekkers will recieve an Age UK Plymouth branded wicking hiking top and beanie for those cold nights!
This is considered a moderate to challenging trip for someone of a good fitness level. You will be trekking for 5 consecutive days, averaging 6 hours each day. The terrain is largely rocky, dry and uneven. Although some of the days trekking have a very gentle increase in elevation some days have very challenging sections with steep uphill and downhill gradients. Temperatures pose a specific challenge with temperatures historically reaching up to 30°C. You must be of a good fitness level before departure, to ensure fast recovery each day.
We will be covering up to 10 miles a day over 5 consecutive days of walking. Besides the stony desert landscape, there are sections of narrow trail across rocky terrain including some easy scrambling.
No previous trekking experience is required although it would be a great advantage, and you must ensure you have done plenty of hill walking training in advance of the trip to prepare yourself for the challenge.
All trekkers will need to pay a £345 registration fee.
- Pay your own tour costs of £1,850 and then fundraise a minimum of £500
- Or fundraise for your whole trip of £2,350
For a breakdown of costs, how to pay and terms and conditions click here.
For your full kit list click here.