Information & Advice
- Location: The William and Patricia Venton Centre
- Price: Free
Please note, this service is not available outside Age UK Plymouth - Head Office's catchment area.
The William and Patricia Venton Centre
Age UK Plymouth can provide you with free, independent and confidential information and advice on a range of issues relating to those age 50+. This includes information on rights and entitlements, local services and support available, information on staying safe and warm at home and housing options.
In particular we specialise in:
- Welfare benefits advice for those over retirement age, helping calculate whether you are entitled to benefits and assisting people to complete claim forms
- Helping people to identify care and support services appropriate to their needs, accessing Social Services and advising on how you can pay for care and support
- Advice on housing issues including housing options and accessing aids and adaptions
- Informing people about local services, support, groups and activities
- Signposting to other organisations specialising in the wellbeing of older people and carers
- Advising people on consumer issues such as scam awareness and knowing their rights
- Informing people about improving their home energy efficiency in order to keep warm and well
- We are unable to provide consumer debt advice, financial advice, legal advice or immigration advice. There may be some enquiries that we do not have the knowledge or expertise to help with. If we cannot help with your query we will try to find an organisation that can, we will provide you with basic information and signpost or refer you for further help. We will always get your permission before referring you to another organisation
Click on the link below to find out what you could be entitled to with the Age UK Benefit Calculator.
How to access the service
When: Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 16:00
How: Phone 01752 256 020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you may wish to call the national Age UK Advice Line (free phone) 0800 055 6112. Lines are open 08:00-19:00, 365 days a year.
Appointments are available Monday to Friday 09:00 - 16:00 subject to availability.
Please note, we are not able to offer drop in advice sessions. In person appointments may be available by prior arrangement on occasions where telephone appointments are not viable.
For full details of our service please refer to our Statement of Service document:
More information online from Age UK
You can find a complete list of guides and factsheets on the Age UK national website. These include information on a wide range of topics including home adaptions, dementia, advice for carers, how to find a care home, how to avoid scams and Power of Attorney.